I found this recipe in the cookbook called “Everyday Happy Herbivore.” I altered the recipe some to increase the protein. It is incredibly tasty and vegan!
3/4 c Whole-wheat pastry flour
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp baking powder
1 c unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp agave
2 tbsp sucanat (optional)
1. Whisk flour, cocoa, protein powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Combine almond milk with agave and sucanat (if using)
3. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined. A few lumps are okay.
4. Let the combined mixture sit for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat skillet on low heat.
6. Transfer mixture to a large glass/liquid measuring cup or use a 1/4-cup measuring cup.
7. Spray skillet with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
8. Cook on one side until bubbles form, then gently flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition: One pancake with Raw Protein (Garden of Life): 90 calories, 18g carbs, 1g fat, 4g protein, 20g sodium, 7g sugar Makes: 8